bny06

Is This Dh?

Rate this topic

So I am still fairly new to all of this - gluten free for 7 weeks.. I recently realized I had a sensitivity to caisen as well, and had not only neuro symptoms flair, but also my GI symptoms (using the restroom 15 times a day again ugh) anyhow I also got blisters that itched on my fingers- only 3 or 4, but they were very noticable.. I realize I've had these most of my life from time to time and have always written it off as I got bit by something or a wierd heat rash etc.. Does that sound like DH to yall?? THanks in advance!

I had those all the time before I went gluten free. I've always wondered (in hindsight) if that was dh.

I did have a full blown dh rash the first time I had gluten after being clean for 8 weeks...that made me think back to those itchy bumps I got on my fingers, right at the joints.

I got those little blisters on my fingers between my fingers or on my joints...long before I got a full blown DH rash. I wish I had known that was DH back then. I always got it when I baked bread...little intensely itchy painful blisters...they went away in a few days. The later rashes lasted months and months..even gluten free...takes months to heal. Wish I had known then what I know now. It could be DH.

Thanks yall!! I couldn't describe them better myself- they are intensly itchy with a little burn! They have resolved now after I guess I got glutened last week - my GI symptoms flared and I became SUPER starving hungry a again for a few days (not a feeling I like at all)! but now all is calmed down thank goodness (except my neuro stuff, still waiting to see improvement there)!