Tabz

Muffins Recipe ?

Rate this topic

:huh: i like blueberry muffins but i cant seem to find a good chocolate chip muffin recipe

any ideas?

and ill accept other muffin recipes too, thank you all.

:huh: i like blueberry muffins but i cant seem to find a good chocolate chip muffin recipe

any ideas?

and ill accept other muffin recipes too, thank you all.

Tabz, these are the last muffins I made that turned out good. I suppose you could throw a few chocolate chips in and they would taste even better. It was the holidays when I came up with this version several yrs. ago. I didn't have any bourbon vanilla extract, so I substituted real bourbon and it came out fine.

Pumpkin Molasses Muffins with Bourbon

Bake 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes.

My modified version of Pumpkin Berry Muffins from gluten-free Goddess Pumpkin Berry Muffins:

1/2 cup extra light vegetable oil

1 cup canned organic pumpkin puree

1/4 cup molasses

3/4 cup packed organic light brown sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 teaspoons bourbon (any kind works)

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon allspice (or cloves)

OR

2 t. pumpkin pie spice

1/2 cup organic stone ground cornmeal

1/2 cup sorghum flour

1 cup rice blend flour (I used Bette Hagman’s version)

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon xanthan gum

4-5 tablespoons organic apple juice or apple cider, as needed

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups. In a large mixing bowl, add the oil, pumpkin puree and molasses, and stir. Add the brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice; combine. In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the flours, sea salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients into the wet; and stir by hand just enough to make a smooth batter. Add the apple juice a tablespoon at a time to make the batter less stiff. You want a batter that is thicker than cake batter, and not runny. Divide the batter by spoonfuls into the twelve muffin cups. Makes 12 muffins.

The are delicious, moist, chewy, and taste better the second day. The first day, they have too much of a molasses flavor for me.