PeachBlossoms

Two Years And Not Eating Grains, Legumes, Nuts, Seeds, Dairy

Rate this topic

So I've been gluten-free now almost two years. Over the months, I have slowly removed all grains, all legumes, all seeds and nuts, dairy and eggs. I also do not eat meat just because I can't stomach the thought of eating an animal (well, I have clams occasionally for b12 but I am hoping to find a corn-free b12 shot). So, because my diet is so precarious, I track my nutrient levels on www.FitDay.com to make sure I am getting all of my vitamins each day. If anyone else is concerned about their vitamins, that is the site to use!!

I have also switched eating only organic foods.

Just in case you are wondering, my staples are squash and bananas. I am curing my own olives (canned olives have corn in them). I never knew anyone could eat this healthy before in my life :P. Somehow I feel like a vegetarian cave-man.

From what I have read, methylcobalamin (B12) sublingual tablets are as effective as shots. Source Naturals makes a decent one, though I don't know if it has any corn-derived ingredients. I'm guessing it probably does. How sensitive are you to corn? Do small amounts of corn derivatives such as sugar-alcohols in supplements cause a problem?

Xanthan gum is usually not described as corn-free since the microbes it comes from are usually fed on corn. But you can buy corn-free xanthan, so if you've been wanting to try baking a grain, legume, dairy, egg, nut and seed free bread, that might be something you can use (yes, such a bread is possible). Guar gum is derived from a leguminous tree, so that might not be something you can use. Though I sometimes wonder if everything which grows in a pod should be defined as a legume. For instance, vanilla is from an orchid, and the seeds form in a kind of bean-like pod, and are called vanilla beans. But I'd not put vanilla in the legume category with things like pinto beans.

No seeds kinda rules out a lot of spices too. Not sure I'd be able to do that for long without going bananas!

Incidentally, there are innumerable nutrients beyond the common ones which are well-known. Many have yet to even be identified, while others just haven't been isolated, studied, categorized, etc. The more diverse a diet you can keep, the better your chances of obtaining proper nutrition.

So I've been gluten-free now almost two years. Over the months, I have slowly removed all grains, all legumes, all seeds and nuts, dairy and eggs. I also do not eat meat just because I can't stomach the thought of eating an animal (well, I have clams occasionally for b12 but I am hoping to find a corn-free b12 shot). So, because my diet is so precarious, I track my nutrient levels on www.FitDay.com to make sure I am getting all of my vitamins each day. If anyone else is concerned about their vitamins, that is the site to use!!

I have also switched eating only organic foods.

Just in case you are wondering, my staples are squash and bananas. I am curing my own olives (canned olives have corn in them). I never knew anyone could eat this healthy before in my life :P. Somehow I feel like a vegetarian cave-man.

That is what I am doing right now. My wellness Dr put me on a 30 day detox and it is pretty much what you are eating except I eat meat. It's been kinda rough but I have found Spaghetti squash to me a favorite of mine now:)

I was diagnosed with Celiac a couple of months ago and stopped eating gluten right away, but I have so much inflammation they can't figure out what is going on:( It is so frustrating. My recent blood work showed my sed rate is very high..and so is my c reactive protein. Ugh..stressful.