Rate this topic

Anyone tried Fox Tail beer? Sounds good.Cant find it were I live.Redbridge not soo good.

No, but I"m curious why they make such a big deal about there being no sorghum in the beer. Do they think sorghum contains gluten???

Also, they should have done a bit more research because its not the first gluten free beer in a can. Nickel Brook comes in a can and has been out for more than a year.

http://www.nickelbrook.com/glutenfree.html

All of that aside, personally I think beer is a can is gross! The can gives it a metallic taste!

No, but I"m curious why they make such a big deal about there being no sorghum in the beer. Do they think sorghum contains gluten???

Also, they should have done a bit more research because its not the first gluten free beer in a can. Nickel Brook comes in a can and has been out for more than a year.

http://www.nickelbrook.com/glutenfree.html

All of that aside, personally I think beer is a can is gross! The can gives it a metallic taste!

Boy I would really love a PBR in a can just like the old days.Metalic taste and all.LOL.Wish I could have normal beer again.

Boy I would really love a PBR in a can just like the old days.Metalic taste and all.LOL.Wish I could have normal beer again.

Nope. Beer in a bottle is better!!! Have you tried Estrella Damm Daura? Its a spanish gluten-free beer thats actually made from barley with certain proteins removed. It tests at 6ppm. Some people say they still react, and others say its fine. I'm in the latter category. I found it at Whole Foods in Manhatten.

Nope. Beer in a bottle is better!!! Have you tried Estrella Damm Daura? Its a spanish gluten-free beer thats actually made from barley with certain proteins removed. It tests at 6ppm. Some people say they still react, and others say its fine. I'm in the latter category. I found it at Whole Foods in Manhatten.

I will give it a try if I can find it.We have Whole Foods here in Boston but I dont think any sell alcohol.I do agree with you beer does taste better in a bottle.But any real beer even in a can would be better than gluten-free beer at this point.Thanks great subject.

I will give it a try if I can find it.We have Whole Foods here in Boston but I dont think any sell alcohol.I do agree with you beer does taste better in a bottle.But any real beer even in a can would be better than gluten-free beer at this point.Thanks great subject.

How long have you been gluten free? I had my last real beer on January 30, 2008, the night before my biopsy. I had my first gluten-free beer a month later and thought it was disgusting. (I used to be a beer drinker) I recently tried that same beer again and thought it was good! I think after a while you forget was real beer tastes like and the gluten-free stuff starts to taste good!

How long have you been gluten free? I had my last real beer on January 30, 2008, the night before my biopsy. I had my first gluten-free beer a month later and thought it was disgusting. (I used to be a beer drinker) I recently tried that same beer again and thought it was good! I think after a while you forget was real beer tastes like and the gluten-free stuff starts to taste good!

Since October,8,2010.I really miss real beer.Redbridge tastes sweet to me.Bards made me sick not because of gluten because it was horrible.I used to drink PBR while mowing the lawn.Good cheap beer.But would enjoy a nice Guiness or Sam Adams with a meal.Those were the days.We should start a forum on this subject alone.I bet there are many like us.Now I drink Gin and tonic.

There are zillions of people on this planet who have never tasted a homegrown tomato and think what you buy in the store tastes great :lol: Yes, you do forget the taste after a while. I think you should always take a break before trying gluten free practically anything.

There are zillions of people on this planet who have never tasted a homegrown tomato and think what you buy in the store tastes great :lol: Yes, you do forget the taste after a while. I think you should always take a break before trying gluten free practically anything.

True. Now that I think about it, beer is really the only thing that I keep looking for a perfect gluten free substitute. I don't eat much bread and when I do, I accept that it won't taste the same as real bread and I enjoy it for what it is. Rather than trying to recreate childhood meals and baked goods, I find different ways to get the same flavour. I've embraced lots of new foods that I never ate before. And yet, I keep searching for the perfect gluten-free beer. Hmmmmmm. Maybe this is a wake-up call. Thanks folks for helping me see the light!

Whole Foods in Cambridge sells beer; their Bard's is good, I hated the Green's and the new Pale Ales.

Also, I reacted to Daura Estrella.

I reacted to the Daura.