Jenny (AZ via TX)

Kinnikinnick Pie Crusts

Rate this topic

I did a search on the boards looking for reviews on the Kinninnick pie crusts but haven't found anything. So, has anyone tried these?

My hubby wants pumpkin pie and I told him I would make them. He was going to get the whole wheat crusts, but came back with the Kinninnick pie crusts. So sweet, but now I want to make sure the pies taste really good. I'm not a pie person, even pre gluten-free.

Thanks so much.

If I could have found any already made gluten-free pie crusts around here, I'd have bought one. Instead I struggled yesterday to roll one out that I made from scratch...did a lot of patching. :blink:

For me, the redeeming results will be in the filling, not the crust. I'm making a pecan pie so will bake it today. If I had been asked to make a pumpkin pie, I'd have made it crustless. Don't think that would work for pecan.

• Upvote 1

I'm making my pies now and as I was filling them I wondered why I had filling left over. The pie crusts are 8", not 9". I've always used 9" pie shells. Oh well. Will let you know how the crusts turned out. I'm sure hubby will have a piece when he gets home from playing golf.

DH brought me Whole Foods pie crust, have yet to use them. I told our sons girlfriend of them and she swears by them. Will keep you posted when I use them. I've always used frozen pie crust, too lazy to make fresh.

Cathey

Sylvia, we always had pecan pie for Thanksgiving when I was growing up. I used to eat the inside and throw the crust away.

Cathey, thanks for the tip on the Wholefoods crust. Now I have 2 options.

Update: Hubby liked the pie. He said the crust was good (and was a little surprised). He's already had 2 pieces. It's nice to have the option of a frozen pie crust.

Sylvia, we always had pecan pie for Thanksgiving when I was growing up. I used to eat the inside and throw the crust away.

That may very well be what people do! :lol:

Glad your hubby like your pie!

I used a Whole Foods brand gluten-free frozen pie crust when I made my pumpkin praline pie and it was fantastic! So light and flakey, with a great taste! I'm not even going to try another brand....I am sold! :)