smsm

I Heart Nyc

Rate this topic

I know it's been said before, but what an amazing place. I've been many many times before, but this is the first since diagnosis. I did a huge amount of research beforehand to be sure that we didn't have any problems finding a good place. My sister and I and my two children ate three meals a day for 5 straight days at various places and not one of us got glutened. Statistically, I felt like it was bound to happen, but it was just a great experience. We went to Tulu's, Mozzarellis, Risotteria, Sambuca, Nizza, Heartland Brewery (note that only the midtown west is trained gluten free location), and Lumi (fancy night out!) to name a few. We bought fun food at Gluten-Free NYC on upper west side. I was amazed at the offerings even at the airport (if you are flying out of LGA, you are SET - I couldn't believe my eyes.). I can't wait to go back. I am positively stuffed.

My very favorite is Bistango - amazing pizza, Italian and dessert! Nearly the entire menu can be made gluten free, and the owner of the restaurant is so sweet. Definitely put that on your list for next time. Also, Lilly and Loo and Nice Matin are wonderful.

Risotteria is AMAZING, I just wish it were bigger. I get massive anxiety in tiny crammed spaces...hmm, which is probably why I don't live in NYC :lol: