brkr4evr

Newbie With Problems

Rate this topic

Hi everyone. I am a 32 yr old mom of 3 that was just confirmed with Celiac today. I had a biopsy Friday and just got results today. I've been through so many emotions ( and tears) and have just recently decided I can do this. I am still in the hospital after a sudden attack last Tuesday. My issue is that I am having extreme pain right below my ribcage and haven't been able to get pain under control. Also, my gall bladder is only working at 17%. Has anyone had this issue? And how was it handled? My surgeon wats to "wait a couple of weeks" before thinking about taking it out, is this normal? Thanks so much, and can't wait to learn lots!

Hello, and welcome.

Yes, gallbladder is a common celiac problem. I agree with your doc to wait and see if you can ride it out. It seems to be above the level for automatic removal and with the absence of gluten it may well self heal. Many, many posters on here have had their gallbladders removed thinking it would solve all their problems, only to be left in just as much pain as before, but without a gallbladder. I would trust your surgeon, eat gluten free, and try to retain your gallbladder if at all possible. The pain is just as likely coming from the digestive system as the gallbladder, despite the low functioning gallbladder, or at least a good percentage of it.

Others who have had gallbladder problems will give you their advice. Hang in there, and good luck :)

Thanks s much! Thiswhole thing is so hard. It seem as if I take 1 step forward, it's followed by 2 steps back :(

So sorry to hear you aren't well. I was recently diagnosed too, at age 25. I am not having the severe pain you are, but it's definitely a shock, isn't it? I will keep you in my prayers and hope you start to feel better soon!