smsm

Los Angeles Area Recs?

Rate this topic

I can't find a recent enough thread on this one - I will be traveling to LA next month and need some ideas of where to eat. We will be staying in Anaheim (I know Disneyland is a good option), but will be really all over the area over few days and am curious about your experiences. I am becoming incredibly food phobic as I just cannot seem to get longer than a few weeks without getting glutened (sometimes it is from eating out, sometimes it is from a thoughtless error at home, and sometimes I can't figure it out) and I fear I will never heal - anyone know of some good options where you feel really safe?

I can't find a recent enough thread on this one - I will be traveling to LA next month and need some ideas of where to eat. We will be staying in Anaheim (I know Disneyland is a good option), but will be really all over the area over few days and am curious about your experiences. I am becoming incredibly food phobic as I just cannot seem to get longer than a few weeks without getting glutened (sometimes it is from eating out, sometimes it is from a thoughtless error at home, and sometimes I can't figure it out) and I fear I will never heal - anyone know of some good options where you feel really safe?

Sorry, I don't have any specific recs (last time I was in the LA are was prior to diagnosis) but places in SoCal are usually good about ordering "off menu" -- and the West Coast in general seems better informed about food allergies and intolerances. The small town where my mother lives in OR has several places with gluten-free menus and they are serious about it?!?! It boggles my mind.

I bet if you do a search for Anaheim and gluten free you'll have several options pop up.