suziq0805

Is This Normal?

Rate this topic

My rheumatologist has recently ordered more testing for me due to years of weird symptoms and some antibodies detected in bloodwork (1 for Sjogren's and I think something related to Lupus). So I've decided to really watch my symptoms until my next appointment and I have a couple questions to help with that.

I'm wondering what joint pain feels like. I've always thought it was feeling bones rub against bones and having trouble moving the joints. Can it be just feeling too weak to move the joint? Can it be a dull ache around the joint?

The more I use my arms/hands the more pain I tend to have. I wouldn't say I'm ever totally pain-free for long, but the more I use my hands/arms the more issues I have. Would joint pain be there no matter what or could it worsen with activity?

If I play piano for around 30 minutes my fingers begin to turn red. My pinkies looked pretty red tonight but ther others were just somewhat red and my palms were sort of red. But there did seem to be some change in color. Is this normal or not?

Do your hands or fingers get cold, turn white or blue, then flush and get red?

It is possible you have raynauds. It's just another fun autoimmune problem. Unless it is really bad no treatment is necessary. Just make sure you keep your hands and feet warm. I find also if I keep my core body temp. normal then I have less problems too.

Do your hands or fingers get cold, turn white or blue, then flush and get red?

It is possible you have raynauds. It's just another fun autoimmune problem. Unless it is really bad no treatment is necessary. Just make sure you keep your hands and feet warm. I find also if I keep my core body temp. normal then I have less problems too.

I haven't noticed them getting white or blue. I've googled Raynauds and looked at pictures and my hands don't look that pale or blue. My fingers are often cold though.