Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
Pandoranitemare

Misinformation!

Rate this topic

I bought a fitness magazine today which contained a page of snippets of advice from a personal trainer. One of which was headed 'Should you go Gluten Free?' The article then went on to say that there was a trend toward gluten free eating and that rice, corn, soya, potato, beans, barley and spelt were foods this diet allow.

It then went on to point out that a gluten free diet can be difficult to sustain. However it suggested that Rye bread was a particularly nutritious gluten free snack.

I am in shock that this article has actually managed to recommend barley, rye and spelt to people wanting to avoid gluten!

Of course I am going to email the magazine and point out the error.

Would it be appropriate to point them in the direction of this website for proper accurate information?

Would it be appropriate to point them in the direction of this website for proper accurate information?

Yes. Refer them to the home page at http://www.celiac.com but you could also provide a link to the forum (there is one on the home page).

Thank you, I will do :)

Good for you! :D

Please do! There is enough misinformation out there and anytime we can educate, I think we should.

Good for you--for being so proactive! ;)