DanielleR

Cooking Wine

Rate this topic

Hi there, I have been gluten free for a little over a year now and I miss my food. Lately I have found safe ways to cook these meals however, I am looking for a safe cooking wine. I always get various reactions when checking to see if there are gluten free. Can anyone reccomend a cooking wine. I wold like to make lemon chicken.

In my time on the diet, which is almost twelve years, I have never seen a wine that was not gluten-free. Cooking wine is typically denatured by the addition of salt, but is still gluten-free.

I think they should be fine. I don't think they taste very good so if I need more than a spoonful, I get the tiny bottles from the liqour store. I put the lid back on and keep the left overs in the fridge.

Buy a bottle that you would enjoy drinking and add your splash to your meal. A good moderately prices white wine - Barefoot.

I cook a lot with Marsala wine or sweet vermouth.

I agree with the other posters who do not recommend cooking wine. It is nothing like the real thing! When you cook with wine you reduce it and therefore concentrate it - you do not want the bad flavour to be concentrated. You want a good flavour to be concentrated otherwise it can easily ruin a dish.

Though I do not drink alcohol I do have a cupboard with various wines, bourbon, brandy, vermouth, Marsala, Madeira, Port, sherry, etc. Not the most expensive by any means - just about average except for some extra special dishes that can get expensive but oh, so worth it! :)