SGRhapsodos

Allergy Symptoms After Inhaling Breadcrumbs

Rate this topic

Hello! Just wondering if this was normal. I was at the family computer working and after a while I started having these needle in my chest symptoms along with runny nose and phlegm at the back of my throat. I look down and there were breadcrumbs all over the desk that were left there by my DH. Is this normal? I haven't had any GI troubles, just respiratory symptoms.

Do you mean you're only having respiratory symptoms in this one instance? Do you usually have GI distress with gluten?

My immediate thought is that your nasal allergy symptoms are not from the bread crumbs, unless you have a true wheat allergy, which is different from celiac.

Yes, I had all the symptoms prior to being diagnosed. Positive antibodies and positive biopsy. Just in this one instance i had respiratory problems, but i didnt actually ingest the breadcrums, i mightve breathed them in. Maybe there's something else in that room that I'm allergic to, who knows?

Anything is possible with celiac, but my guess is that there's something else you're breathing in. Dust and mold wreak havoc on me.