is1985

Question About Conflicting Diagnosis Results

Rate this topic

hi everyone,

during the past year or so i've taken three tests in an effort to determine if i have celiac or not.

first t-TG test returned positive, hence the celiac suspicion.

did an endoscopy after that, but the doctor said he found "some damage" of the type he was looking for. he told me it was borderline.

took a second t-TG test, which returned negative.

in general, products with gluten make me feel bad (dizziness, gas), but nothing extreme. so i guess the symptoms are also borderline?

not sure what the next step should be, and i'd really like to hear what any of you have to say about this and if you've encountered the same problems during diagnosis.

thanks all!!

hi everyone,

during the past year or so i've taken three tests in an effort to determine if i have celiac or not.

first t-TG test returned positive, hence the celiac suspicion.

did an endoscopy after that, but the doctor said he found "some damage" of the type he was looking for. he told me it was borderline.

took a second t-TG test, which returned negative.

in general, products with gluten make me feel bad (dizziness, gas), but nothing extreme. so i guess the symptoms are also borderline?

not sure what the next step should be, and i'd really like to hear what any of you have to say about this and if you've encountered the same problems during diagnosis.

thanks all!!

You had a positive blood test..and a scope that showed some damage? I'd say go 100% gluten-free.

Even if you're not feeling extreme reactions, there's still damage being done. It's cumulative as long as you ingest gluten.

It will keep your immune system inflamed..and inflamation leads to more serious damage..posibly even another Auto-Immune disease.

PLEASE go gluten-free? Don't hurt yourself like that!

I agree wholeheartedly with Bubba's Mom!!!

And please pick up pathology reports from your endoscopy. (I found out I have another autoimmune disease by picking up old reports.) You can see for yourself how many biopsies were taken (should have been several), but the fact that you had a positive blood test is paramount.

I agree and would even go so far as finding a new doctor - one who has experience with celiac disease.

Positive blood test, intestinal damage, . . . what is he waiting for? More damage? that just doesn't make sense.

You caught it early. It does not go away, it only gets worse if you continue to eat gluten.

Cara

I agree and would even go so far as finding a new doctor - one who has experience with celiac disease.

Positive blood test, intestinal damage, . . . what is he waiting for? More damage? that just doesn't make sense.

You caught it early. It does not go away, it only gets worse if you continue to eat gluten.

Cara

Ditto all the posters!

You have celiac. Find a new doctor. There aren't really borderline tests for celiac, if its positive, its positive. You either have it or you don't. You were just lucky enough to find it before you had severe damage in your intestines.