dani nero

Brilliant Brunette Liquid Shine Conditioner

Rate this topic

I emailed asking if Brilliant Brunette was gluten-free, and this is the response I got:

"We appreciate your interest in Kao Brands.

I have had a confirmation from our formulations department that Brilliant Brunette Liquid Shine Conditioner does not contain any wheat protein or its derivative. However it does contain hydrolyzed silk protein.

I hope the information provided is useful for you.

If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 652 1496. We are open Monday-Friday 9am-6pm.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of service.

Yours Sincerely,

Amy Gorham

John Frieda Consumer Relations UK"

It kindof confuses me a little. Why would they specify that the product is free from wheat and "silk" but not barley, rye, or malt derivatives. To my knowledge silk is not even a grain.

Bottom line is, I'm not that smart, so I'm confused and not sure the product is safe.

I would like to continue using it but not if it might gluten me.

I emailed asking if Brilliant Brunette was gluten-free, and this is the response I got:

"We appreciate your interest in Kao Brands.

I have had a confirmation from our formulations department that Brilliant Brunette Liquid Shine Conditioner does not contain any wheat protein or its derivative. However it does contain hydrolyzed silk protein.

I hope the information provided is useful for you.

If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 652 1496. We are open Monday-Friday 9am-6pm.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of service.

Yours Sincerely,

Amy Gorham

John Frieda Consumer Relations UK"

It kindof confuses me a little. Why would they specify that the product is free from wheat and "silk" but not barley, rye, or malt derivatives. To my knowledge silk is not even a grain.

Bottom line is, I'm not that smart, so I'm confused and not sure the product is safe.

I would like to continue using it but not if it might gluten me.

It's safe. Some hair care products contain wheat protein ingredients to fortify the hair. Rye or barley wouldn't normally be used in them, which is why they weren't mentioned.

They told you about the silk because it's what they use instead of wheat proteins.

Enjoy your shiny hair! :D

• Upvote 1

It's safe. Some hair care products contain wheat protein ingredients to fortify the hair. Rye or barley wouldn't normally be used in them, which is why they weren't mentioned.

They told you about the silk because it's what they use instead of wheat proteins.

Enjoy your shiny hair! :D

Yay! That's good news :-) Thanks for decoding this for me!