Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Allergic To Life

I was wondering whether it was common that after three weeks to a month after going gluten free to develop alleriges or intolerances to new things.

The first two weeks i felt great and now it seems like im allergic or intolerant to everything. I cant even drink lactose free milk or soy milk. I get very nauseas everytime i eat anything soy. I have been having facial, throat and tongue swelling. All i ate yesterday was yogurt corn chex and turkey slice with swiss cheese. Guess i will be eliminating all dairy and all my soy substitutes.

Gluten and Oat Free 6/'12

Dairy, Corn and Yeast free 7/'12

Nightshade Free, Candida diet & low salicylates 8/'12

Nightshades and carbs and sugars limitedly reintroduced, most salicylates now tolerated 9/'12

No longer Reacting to yeasty breads 10/'12

Test confirmed yeast overgrowth, back on Candida diet 11/'12

You only get one life so make it count.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

With the type of swelling you are describing you need to see your doctor. Do eliminate the dairy and soy and if the throat and tongue swelling happen again before you get to your doctor get to the ER right away. Do not drive yourself call an ambulance. Those are symptoms of an allergic reaction and can easily turn life threatening. Your doctor may want to prescribe you an epi pen.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

With the type of swelling you are describing you need to see your doctor. Do eliminate the dairy and soy and if the throat and tongue swelling happen again before you get to your doctor get to the ER right away. Do not drive yourself call an ambulance. Those are symptoms of an allergic reaction and can easily turn life threatening. Your doctor may want to prescribe you an epi pen.

Thank you for your advice. I will be getting an epipen as soon as I can and will start allergy testing next week as i was told i musnt have any antihistamines three days before testing. Once again thank you for your response.

Gluten and Oat Free 6/'12

Dairy, Corn and Yeast free 7/'12

Nightshade Free, Candida diet & low salicylates 8/'12

Nightshades and carbs and sugars limitedly reintroduced, most salicylates now tolerated 9/'12

No longer Reacting to yeasty breads 10/'12

Test confirmed yeast overgrowth, back on Candida diet 11/'12

You only get one life so make it count.