sammers1

Gluten Free Excellence Riviera Cancun

Rate this topic

Hi!

We are going to the excellence riviera cancun in November. This is the first trip that my husband will be gluten free. I have contacted the hotel and the concierge told me they would note the need for gluten free food in the reservation. She forwarded the email to the head chef and she told me all the restaurants could accommodate us. My question is, does anyone have any experience at this resort?

Thanks!

My husband and I went to the Excellence Resort in Playa Mujeres for our honeymoon two years ago. If the service and resort are anything like that one - and I'm sure they are - you will have a wonderful time! We can't wait to go back for another vacation.

Like you, we checked about gluten free options before we booked our trip and they assured me there would be gluten free options available. I had no problem dining at any of the restaurants, the waitstaff was wonderful about checking with the head chef at each location to see what I could eat, and I always had more than one option to choose from.

At the buffet the choices were more limited, and with the language barrier I had trouble communicating with the chefs as to what was safe for me to eat. For that reason I stuck to pretty basic things off the breakfast buffet like eggs or an omelet and fresh fruit. We also had a champagne breakfast in our room one morning, and again I was able to find gluten-free options without any trouble. They even put my toast on a separate plate so that my husband could have it without contaminating my food.

My one suggestion would be if you have the gluten free dining cards, I would take them with you. If nothing else they may come in handy at the buffet. I also took my own gluten-free bread, crackers and granola with me (like I do on every trip) that way I had crackers to eat with my salad or granola to top off yogurt every morning.

I can happily report that I made through our stay without any trouble or cross-contamination. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!