This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

A Juice For Us Corn Free-Ers!

GFreeMO

GFreeMO Proficient

I found this and am excited because I miss juice so much. It's only for the GALLON size. I emailed them to see if it was indeed corn free. Here is what they said.

Thank you for contacting us with your questions and concerns regarding ascorbic acid and corn derivatives in our 1 gallon size Tree Top Apple Juice.

There is no added ascorbic acid in our gallon size apple juice, and there is no chance of cross contamination. Products containing ascorbic acid or HFCS are processed at the end of the production day after products without added ingredients or on a production day by themselves. The production is then followed with a full clean, rinse and sanitizer step before the next production.

If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-542-4055.

Sincerely,

TREE TOP, INC.

Corporate Quality Services / Consumer Affairs

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

I don't have a corn issue but don't they come in little soda type cans? I think we used to get those.

Edited:

I miss read.... I thought you said you thought there was only a gallon size. The other sizes aren't corn free?

GFreeMO Proficient

Only the GALLON size is corn free. The other sizes have ascorbic acid which is from corn. Thats the problem with corn allergens and juice. The citric or ascorbic acids come from corn. This is a rare find!

kareng Grand Master

Only the GALLON size is corn free. The other sizes have ascorbic acid which is from corn. Thats the problem with corn allergens and juice. The citric or ascorbic acids come from corn. This is a rare find!

I'm asking because I want to learn and I find it appalling and rediculous that they would have different ingredients for things that seem the same. So...I looked at the cans on the website because you reminded me of them. I thought those might me good for my boys coolers while working outside ( lots of potassium ). The cans just say apple concentrate and water. Aren't they supposed to list the acids?

Really, Hon....I don't know how you do it! Corn is everywhere. It's even growing in the vacant lot down the street!

Jestgar Rising Star

There's a great documentary on corn: Open Original Shared Link. I think I watched it on NetFlix. It's less about the food uses, and more about the growing and how messed up it is, genetically.

GFreeMO Proficient

If the cans say apple juice concentrate and water then those are corn free too! I'll have to look for them. If you look on the cans, it will say Vitamin C is zero. The stuff they add to juice to get it to have the 100% daily rec. of vitamin C is synthetic crap from corn. I like that Tree Top apple juice is from the USA too.

Yu are right about corn being in EVERYTHING! I am sitting here with bad period cramps and have to suffer b/c advil. tylenol etc. has corn starch in it. :(

Funny about the empty lot with the corn. I live across the street from a huge corn field. I'm just so glad it's not a wheat field!

I'll have to check out that movie. Sounds interesting!

Archived