cindylou7

Inhaling Flour?

Rate this topic

Does inhaling flour create a reaction to gluten in most celiacs?

I walked into a restaurant where they were prepping fried chicken. The lady that waited on me had a cloud of flour that followed her to the counter. Then she proceeded to touch everything with the floured dough stuck to her hands.

BTW I was not there to buy anything for myself. My work was having a luncheon and I was in charge of pickup. So who thinks I could have a reaction?

Does inhaling flour create a reaction to gluten in most celiacs?

I walked into a restaurant where they were prepping fried chicken. The lady that waited on me had a cloud of flour that followed her to the counter. Then she proceeded to touch everything with the floured dough stuck to her hands.

BTW I was not there to buy anything for myself. My work was having a luncheon and I was in charge of pickup. So who thinks I could have a reaction?

I had a very strong reaction to inhaled flour. I was cleaning the cupboard where we used to store it. I was wearing latex gloves, so I'm sure I didn't get any on my hands. I got really sick!

Everything that restaurant worker touched had contamination. I'd be very afraid of going there.

I'd be more afraid of the general surface contamination than inhaling flour.

richard