This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Australian Cd Sufferers

toxemicfrog

toxemicfrog Rookie

hi there

was just wondering how many site members are aussies.

I am in coastal queensland ( and loving it).

Drop a line to say gidday!

Have a great day :P

• 2 months later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest olenkae

Hez there!

I am not Australian...but spend most of my time inBrisbane, Australia.

Flying back to Oz in a few days - I can't wait! I love Australia!

If you wanna get in touch - here I am.

Cheers,

Alex

hi there

was just wondering how many site members are aussies.

I am in coastal queensland ( and loving it).

Drop a line to say gidday!

Have a great day :P

• 3 weeks later...
Matthew Newbie
Hez there!

I am not Australian...but spend most of my time inBrisbane, Australia.

Flying back to Oz in a few days - I can't wait! I love Australia!

If you wanna get in touch - here I am.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi, I have just joined, originally thinking I was just allergic to wheat, I am now getting tested for caeliac disease

I am from Brunswick 6km North of Melbourne Australia

kenyan Rookie

Hi Matthew.

I have also just joined, and live in Melbourne.

Where your sysmptoms similar to this?

I have been "struggling" with an illness (??) for as long as I can remember. I am now 35, married with beautiful 2 year old twins. For more than 20 years I have seeing various Doctor with the following symptoms:

Cronic tiredness

Night terrors

loose bowel movements after most meals (although I have only just tomld my current Doctor this due to be not thinking it was relevant (IDIOT!!)

It is also interesting to note that I matured later than most of my peers (I was about 18 when I had my main growing spurt).

I have owned and operated my own business for the past 6 years and more often than not I have been struggling with motivation, tiredness, lack of energy, concentration, anxiety. I often, due to the tiredness feel like I am wasting away my life. This has an enormous effect on me both from a business point of view and a personal satisfaction point of view. My confidence is at an all time low.

Some of the attempted solutions offered by Doctors have been:

ADHD and prescribed ritilin10

Depression and prescribed Zoloft

Haemochromotosis (did not have the gene!)

Neither of these had any positive effect on me at all. Two days ago, my wife heard an interview on the radio about the effects and symptoms of Celiac desease and suggested that I do some research. EVERY THING I have read makes perfect sense to me.

My Doctor, who I have been seeing for over 2 years order me a blood test today, which I did. I am expecting to have these results early next week.

I would like to know if any of my symptoms ring true with any one else?

In a bizarre sort of way I am hoping that the blood test and biopsy are both positive so I can get on with actually working out a way to feel better. If this happens, what can expect to occur and in what time frame?

thanks

• 1 month later...
dragonfly Newbie

G'day! From Sydney :) I have a son with celiac disease and also a S.I.L and Nephew - my hubby and I are endevouring to follow gluten-free too for the sake of our son, and for our own health as we find we feel much better overall on it.

• 1 month later...
olenkae Newbie

Hi Matthew,

I just read your post and even though you sent it ages ago I thought I'd reply.

I have experienced similar symptoms as you and felt miserable for many many years. My life seemed so unbareable for me as a result of which I felt suicidal many times. Life was a real struggle...

At the end I was prescribed Lexapro for Depression and Depakine (Depakote) for mood swings (they suspected I was bipolar). This helped me a lot to maintain my emotional stability, enthusiasm and courage.

I never had problems with my guts. I mean - sore stomach and 'loose bowel movements' never drew my attention - they weren't severe enough.

Anyhow, after two years on drugs I decided to go off them and start a gluten free diet as someone suggested to me.

I have been gluten free for last 4 months and have JUST taken my last pill (it's taken ages to stop them).

I feel really great - down to Earth and stable. Still very sensitive and emotional (I guess this is just my nature) but I can easily control my emotions. Most importantly,

I don't feel depressed even though I have had quite a hard time at work and in my relationship.

But I have never done the tests. To be honest, I don't really care about the results - I feel really great on the diet - don't have the stomach aches or gas anymore...which is wonderful!

Please let me know how you are doing on your diet. Have you noticed any significant difference?

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Matthew.

I have also just joined, and live in Melbourne.

Where your sysmptoms similar to this?

I have been "struggling" with an illness (??) for as long as I can remember. I am now 35, married with beautiful 2 year old twins. For more than 20 years I have seeing various Doctor with the following symptoms:

Cronic tiredness

Night terrors

loose bowel movements after most meals (although I have only just tomld my current Doctor this due to be not thinking it was relevant (IDIOT!!)

It is also interesting to note that I matured later than most of my peers (I was about 18 when I had my main growing spurt).

I have owned and operated my own business for the past 6 years and more often than not I have been struggling with motivation, tiredness, lack of energy, concentration, anxiety. I often, due to the tiredness feel like I am wasting away my life. This has an enormous effect on me both from a business point of view and a personal satisfaction point of view. My confidence is at an all time low.

Some of the attempted solutions offered by Doctors have been:

ADHD and prescribed ritilin10

Depression and prescribed Zoloft

Haemochromotosis (did not have the gene!)

Neither of these had any positive effect on me at all. Two days ago, my wife heard an interview on the radio about the effects and symptoms of Celiac desease and suggested that I do some research. EVERY THING I have read makes perfect sense to me.

My Doctor, who I have been seeing for over 2 years order me a blood test today, which I did. I am expecting to have these results early next week.

I would like to know if any of my symptoms ring true with any one else?

In a bizarre sort of way I am hoping that the blood test and biopsy are both positive so I can get on with actually working out a way to feel better. If this happens, what can expect to occur and in what time frame?

thanks

Archived