Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

formygirl

Soaps And Such

I have a three year old who was recently diagnosed... which shampoos/lotions/soaps/detergents do you recommend. I'm trying to be cost conscious; it would help if I could get brands offered at Target or regular grocery stores. Any advice?

I use Dove unscented bar soap in the shower, and dr. Bronner's liquid soap in reused soft soap pumps at the sink (diluted with water). I use Cascade in the dishwasher and Dawn liquid dish soap, and Bon Ami powder scrub. To clean bathrooms I use Clorox's "green" line )can't remember the name) and baking soda as scrub.

Shampoo - lots of people use suave and I think some Pantene products. I use suave hairspray - unscented pump. I buy Organix for my son (he isn't gluten-free but I like to keep the house gluten-free). Organix makes me itch (not from gluten) for some reason, but he's fine with it.

Thanks for the reply. We're about one month into this, and I"m still navigating the gluten-free world slowly.

I've seen people mention Dove, and we happen to have a huge container of Dove conditioner that my husband bought by accident thinking it was lotion :rolleyes: so I went out and bought the shampoo to go with it.

Right now she uses Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing bar, which I'm having a hard time pinning down information about --- will have to call company I guess.

Cascade - check

Dawn - check

I don't know about our bathroom pump soaps -- will have to look into that.

Also never occurred to me to check my laundry detergent. We use cheer.

Thanks for the reply. We're about one month into this, and I"m still navigating the gluten-free world slowly.

I've seen people mention Dove, and we happen to have a huge container of Dove conditioner that my husband bought by accident thinking it was lotion :rolleyes: so I went out and bought the shampoo to go with it.

Right now she uses Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing bar, which I'm having a hard time pinning down information about --- will have to call company I guess.

Cascade - check

Dawn - check

I don't know about our bathroom pump soaps -- will have to look into that.

Also never occurred to me to check my laundry detergent. We use cheer.

I think Cetaphil lists gluten-free on their site, and not all products are gluten-free.

I think most laundry soaps are ok. I use all free and clear liquid.

I don't know above dove shampoo or conditioner. Check the website or call?