- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Pie & Pie Crust Recipes
- Autumn Pistachio Pear Crisp (Gluten-Free)
Autumn Pistachio Pear Crisp (Gluten-Free)
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to ‘Clean Eating’ by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Not limiting her focus to companies and brands, Amie works hands-on with individuals and groups as a Food Allergy Concierge and Healthy Family Pantry Stylist to guide them through their transition into a healthier lifestyle. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.
Amie works one-on-one with people in person and via Skype or phone to help make their lives easier and taking the stress of "thinking it's hard to live with food allergies and/or celiac."
Here's a fun fall dessert to serve as the leaves start to fall and the weather begins to turn a bit brisk. I've also made a tasty Apple Pistachio Crisp on my website if you're more an apple fan than a pear fan!
- 2 Tbsp. stevia or other sugar substitute
- 3 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 5 fresh pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour such as Better Batter
- ¼ cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats such as Bob's Red Mill
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup dairy free yogurt such as So Delicious Coconut Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine stevia, 1 tablespoon melted butter, cinnamon and orange zest. Add pears; gently toss to combine. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, pistachios, oats, and remaining butter. Using your fingers, mix to form a crumb consistency. Sprinkle crumbs over apples. Drizzle with freshly squeezed orange juice. Cover and bake for 25 minutes or until bubbling. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with dairy-free yogurt. Enjoy!
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).