Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

langone7

Feeling Depressed

I am five weeks pregnant.  I can't have gluten or dairy.  I watch other people eat wonderful food, while I eat my coconut ice cream and cheese-less sandwiches.  I only eat organic and I am super careful.  But sometimes, and obviously even before I just want to give in, I won't but I want to.  My favorite foods I make are my spicy chicken oven kabobs, diaya cheese gluten free chicken pizza, and burritos.  Everything else seems bland and bla to me lately.

Does anyone have any idea on a tasty recipe, something different and good?  Please help!!!!!!  

You ask for something different?  What do you normally eat?

You ask for something good?  What kinds of things do you generally like?

When I was pregnant, my favorite foods were avocados, sushi, and (twice - ONLY twice) BLT's.

I like muffins made with nut flours.  My whole family liked them with fenugreek.  I really like kidney beans and lentils with olive oil, and salt.  I like meat.  I look forward to sweet potato day.  When I don't have a sweet potato, carrots cooked to carmelized on the stove are scrumptious.  Speaking of carmelized home-grown-green-beans and any vegetable carmelized is yummy.  I like nuts and dried peas.  Fruit is like a real treat.  If you learn to like whatever you are eating, food is fun again.

My sense of taste is becoming sharper, I think.

Why don't you read around on this forum? We have a recipe/ cooking section. Look at the what's for dinner section. See what others are eating. Many are dairy free, also.

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/75238-the-whats-for-dinner-tonight-chat/page-354#entry858479