Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mommy2krj

Finally Got The Scope Done...phew!

Now we all just feel like taking naps! :) It was a very early morning for us and even more so for my poor husband that is just coming off 3rd shift. Add in a 2.5 hour drive both ways and we're pretty fried.

Anyway...due to the holiday we won't get the biopsy results until Monday or Tuesday. She said she saw some scalloping (wth does that even mean?) but nothing that she thought was serious. So....now we wait. She told me to just go ahead and keep eating regular (which we will for at least tomorrow, given the holiday) until next week.  But after the 4th we'll start working on going gluten free.

We will go gluten free regardless. I don't trust that a biopsy is the end all be all of the testing....he came back with positive blood work and that's enough for me. I'm personally not willing to take the chance and then find out in 10 years that we've been destroying his intestines and he is in fact Celiac.

So...there we are. Just waiting again. Now, I'm off to take a nap. :) Thanks for all the support everyone!

She said she saw some scalloping (wth does that even mean?) but nothing that she thought was serious. 

i am pretty sure that scalloping is indicative of celiac.   

glad you got through it, the rest is easy (and never-ending lolz)  get you a nap!!  

i am pretty sure that scalloping is indicative of celiac.   

glad you got through it, the rest is easy (and never-ending lolz)  get you a nap!!  

Notme is correct.......scalloping happens with Celiac so with positive blood work, I say....Welcome to the Club!  :D