This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Williams Syndrome

come dance with me

come dance with me Enthusiast

My daughter has just had a blood test to see if she has this.  Anyone else been down this path before?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mommida Enthusiast

I have no personal experience with William's Syndrome.  I am on a search for answers for my daughter's issues.  (kind of a "research junkie" way of dealing with things)  She has been diagnosed with Celiac since she was 16 months old, Eosinophilic Esophagitis when she was 6, vitamin D defiency &precocious puberty at 10 (now), and I'm not sure if doctors are just missing something.

In the experience that I have gained from dealing with "surprise" your child has this (?) lifelong disease, I have learned it is better to have the truth.  Get the diagnoses so you can help your child live her life to the fullest.  The average descrption of a William's Syndrome person, sounds like a delightful person to be with!!!!  (My personal opinion ~ not everyone needs to have the IQ of Einstein to learn the true lessons of life.  It really is love.)  You will have different challenges to face, but you will do the best you can through it.  (I read your other post and you are a survivor and strong willed.  If anyone can handle the challenges of being a mother you can!)

((HUGS))

come dance with me Enthusiast

She was diagnosed with a learning disability, she has a heart condition, Autism, bladder problems, pretty much most of what's on that list for WS but it's all been getting treated individually.  It might be that she doesn't have it, and the symptoms are unrelated.  Either way, the treatment and help she's getting won't change, it will just make it easier to write one thing on the school enrollment form than a list of everything.  Thanks.  We all do what we need to do to get by, and as mothers we have to keep going :)

Archived