Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Nikki2777

Is This Dh? And How Long After Glutening?

Rate this topic

So, I think I may have been glutened a last Wednesday or Thursday, and today - Sunday, I'm noticing a number of red spots and even lines on my forearms and the top of my back.  I've been gluten-free ever since my diagnosis in March and my follow up endo and blood work showed near full recovery of my villi.  I don't recall getting DH before dx, but i do remember random hives and welts and these lines on my back.

They aren't really itchy - is this DH or something else?  Is it Celiac related at all?  So odd how these just pop up, but it seems kind of late for them to show.  Is 4 or 5 days post glutening normal?

Thanks.

DH is generally a very itchy rash, like wanting to rip the skin off itchy. Many years after my Celiac diagnosis I now get a DH rash on my legs as part of a contamination reaction. Restaurants always seem to make me sick.

Next time you get the rash, go see a dermatologist. They can determine if it is DH or something else.

You mentioned red whelts. It might be wise to have an allergist verify you have not developed an allergic to something like foods.