Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrh1017

I Was Diagnosed 2 1/2 Years Ago & Now Something New....

I've been gluten free ever since diagnosis. Last summer I was cross contaminated & got violently ill. Severe stomach cramps, vomiting, and I didn't feel good for months.

On Saturday, I went over to a friends house for dinner. She bought corn tortillas for me to have with the tacos. After I ate 2 tortillas, I read the label & realized that there was wheat gluten in the tortillas!  And I had no reaction. I was slightly queasy that night & a little on Sunday.

I don't understand how I can go from having such a violent reaction to no reaction at all.

Anyone have any thoughts on this??

Thanks!!

Jenni

You're right.  Thats quite peculiar.  Maybe the first time around, your violent reaction was something more than gluten.  Gluten and something undercooked?  Don't know...  Are you usually asymptomatic?  

You're right.  Thats quite peculiar.  Maybe the first time around, your violent reaction was something more than gluten.  Gluten and something undercooked?  Don't know...  Are you usually asymptomatic?  

No, I usually have at least a stomach ache. I don't tend to have the typical GI symptoms, like vomiting or diarrhea. I tend to get fatigued and joint pain.