Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flowerqueen

Started With Stomach Spasms & Internal 'throbbing' Again!

I was diagnosed almost 2 years ago, after being ill for some time and recently received a report saying my gut is healing well after further biopsies.

However, recently I have started with stomach cramps again, and 'throbbing' in stomach & lower down - the 'usual' trips to the bathroom etc.   I have started keeping a food journal again, but I'm mystified.  I have IBS as well, and can't tolerate dairy, I also have diabetes.  So I am going between blaming gluten, accidental dairy, not enough fibre and intolerance to sugar.  I have had problems with Metformin and have reduced it down to one a day, but my doctor will blow a gasket if she finds I've stopped taking it altogether plus my glucose will go through the roof.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, and has it sorted itself out?  I remember before I was diagnosed with Coeliac disease having a problem with something contaminated with milk, but didn't realise what it was that was making me ill until a supermarket store wrote to us to inform us of some accidental contamination they had found with dairy.  Fortunately for me at the time, I had a store loyalty card and that is how they knew we had purchased the product.

Spasms, throbbing, and gurgling are common these days with me, I bloated up over something.  My guess in this instance is too much sugar and an over run of bacteria, but I take my probiotics every day, so I am not sure.  I could have had an accidental CC.  As I type this my intestines are talking, so yeah, it happens.  

Spasms, throbbing, and gurgling are common these days with me, I bloated up over something. My guess in this instance is too much sugar and an over run of bacteria, but I take my probiotics every day, so I am not sure. I could have had an accidental CC. As I type this my intestines are talking, so yeah, it happens.

Thank you, you have just reminded me that I used to take probiotics, but in recent months have stopped. For some reason, it hadn't occurred to me - this can happen when you have lots of health issues. I shall recommence to see what happens.

Your certain your not getting cc'd? My gurgling has completely stopped as well as the spasms since going gluten free but if I get cc'd or have dairy it comes right back!

I'm being open minded about everything at the moment. I am keeping a food journal to see if anything shows up on that.