Juliebove

Weird Mouth Problems.

Rate this topic

Some years ago, we were on vacation in PA.  I noticed that I seemed to have (sorry, TMI) excess saliva.  At the time I was drinking Shasta soda in addition to other diet soda.  I remembered my mom's friend saying that Shasta soda gave her excess saliva so she quit drinking it and she stopped having the problem.  I stopped drinking it too.  The problem went on for about two days then quit.  I forgot about it.

But then?  When we got home, I noticed a massive crack in my tongue.  It didn't hurt but was unsightly.  As the years went by, many lesser cracks appeared.  None of them hurt but all were deep.

Then at some point, my dentist commented on some swelling at the back of my tongue and sent me to the Dr. to check it out.  Dr. just dismissed it saying it was just my taste buds and I was born this way.  No Dr. or dentist has commented on it since and I am not sure about that dentist.  She also sent daughter at age two to an orthodontist, convinced she would need braces.  He laughed and said he wasn't even going to charge us.  Her teeth were fine.  She's 15 now and has perfectly straight teeth.

Anyway...  I noticed a while back that the cracks were lessening.  Then I looked last night and the big long one down the center is almost gone.  There are much fewer of the lesser cracks and the ones that remain seem to be smaller.

Has anyone else had these symptoms?  Not sure what they relate to.  Food intolerance?  Imbalance of vitamins?

Julie cracks in the tongue are usually caused by inflammation in the gut and or other parts of the body in general. I think it's to be expected in people with gut problems. Mine isn't really great but is improving with time it's definitely relative to how my gut is at the moment.

Julie cracks in the tongue are usually caused by inflammation in the gut and or other parts of the body in general. I think it's to be expected in people with gut problems. Mine isn't really great but is improving with time it's definitely relative to how my gut is at the moment.

Ah, okay.  I have tried to look it up and I just keep getting vauge things like that it means something but it never says what.