Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lisalamitie

Mood Swings After Diagnosis?

My Daughter is 7 and was diagnosed almost a year ago. Since then she has been gluten free with a few accidents that result in massive vomiting, stomach cramps, irritability and mood swings. My concern now is that she seems to have mood swings quite often. She's seemingly content and happy and at bed time especially, her mood turns on a dime. She's angry and mad at the littlest thing then apologizes and hugs me the next. Then back to moody then back to I'm sorry - I'm sorry. I am not sure if this has anything to do with Celiacs? or if shes getting glutened without my knowledge? Has anyone had this problem? thank you! 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

I have seen parents report that a gluten free diet has helped to stabilize mood and improve behavior problems.  There is on-going research in the areas of Autism, ADD/ADHD and general mental health issues.  It may be a 7 yr old thing or it could be a cc issues or both.  Tighten up the diet at home and school.  School would be a prime candidate for cc issues.

Colleen

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Dear god yes lol, I have a corn allergy and the starch is hit miss if it triggers a reaction, but they could also be from rice, or tapioca....seriously they need to go the route of many shampoos/body washes that list the chemical/ingredient...
    since they just say "food starch" they could have made it from a cows arse for all i know. they need to just say what it comes from every time lol
    Here is the interpretation chart he sent me and yes I have 2 kids in which their pediatrician said they didn’t need to be tested unless they show symptoms which goes against everything I have read about symptoms being silent etc.... Is i...