Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ayubie

All I Want Is Ramen!

I'm a newly gluten free college student, and all I want is chicken flavored ramen. I have a ton of the thai kitchen noodles and they just aren't the taste I'm looking for. I have about 30 minutes between classes to eat lunch and I don't have time to make anything, and making something at home and carrying it around all day is really annoying. I live by the international district in Seattle so I have access to lots of Asian food stores. Thank you!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

I  have get t o  find  a  perfect  match  but  I know  many  celiac  college  dorm  kids  who  love  Trader Joe's  noodle  bowls.... 99 cents!

Hey there - I had a conversation with a gluten intolerant Japanese trained Chef on here about this.

You might find his suggestions helpful for substitutions for ramen. 

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/106014-is-it-the-g-word/?p=903379

I'm a newly gluten free college student, and all I want is chicken flavored ramen. I have a ton of the thai kitchen noodles and they just aren't the taste I'm looking for. I have about 30 minutes between classes to eat lunch and I don't have time to make anything, and making something at home and carrying it around all day is really annoying. I live by the international district in Seattle so I have access to lots of Asian food stores. Thank you!

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Dear god yes lol, I have a corn allergy and the starch is hit miss if it triggers a reaction, but they could also be from rice, or tapioca....seriously they need to go the route of many shampoos/body washes that list the chemical/ingredient...
    since they just say "food starch" they could have made it from a cows arse for all i know. they need to just say what it comes from every time lol
    Here is the interpretation chart he sent me and yes I have 2 kids in which their pediatrician said they didn’t need to be tested unless they show symptoms which goes against everything I have read about symptoms being silent etc.... Is i...