Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Rate this topic

I've used them about 30 times - I had one instance where something that claimed to be gluten-free on other sites showed up as having gluten on gluten-free overflow.

That probably means the gluten-free Overflow was wrong.  I have noticed people insisting things have gluten in them because of these apps.   It seems that, for some apps,  if the app doesn't know the brand it says it has gluten.  Some have odd standards for what is gluten-free or not.  Really they best thing is to read the ingredients.  Products change and who knows if the app knows about the change.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Bobby Kilpatrick, I created and run the gluten-free Overflow website and app. I understand your concerns about the information on the site. I've built a couple features into the site that should help with your concerns about accuracy:

Company Policies: for each product that I list as gluten-free, I also post the source of the information. So I'll link to any brand website that lists a gluten policy, or if not listed publicly, I will email the company and quote directly from their response. 

Last Checked Date: if you click through to the individual product pages you can see the "last checked" date. This is the most recent date that the company or brand's policy was confirmed.

I hope you enjoy the site and find it useful, and I encourage you to continue checking the labels before actually buying (always a good policy). Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about the site. I'd be happy to answer them.

- Bobby