GottaSki

New Test For Non-Responsive Celiac Disease

Rate this topic

New -- DGP antibody array, rather than the commonly used DGP antibody titer may be helpful to those with Non-Responsive Celiac Disease that completely adhere to the gluten-free diet :)

http://celiac.org/blog/2014/03/10/antibody-linked-to-celiac-disease-that-does-not-respond-to-gluten-free-diet/

thanks for posting, Lisa!  I read this study the other week and liked this part:  "One possible explanation of the persistence of antibodies against dGP despite complete removal of gluten from the diet is the presence of T-cell clones that have evolved antigen independence and continue to stimulate dGP antibody-secreting plasma cells.[24] This phenomenon has been previously described, and pools of memory T- and B-cells can be maintained at constant levels for years even in the absence of the eliciting antigen.[45,46] In addition, plasma cells can continuously secrete antibody even after the disappearance of memory cells.[47] Further studies will be necessary to confirm the presence of dGP-specific memory B-cells or plasma cells in NRCD patients. Therefore, the mechanism responsible for the persistence of anti-dGP IgG antibodies remains to be elucidated."

Since I was being so strict with the diet, and not eating out hardly at all until recently, I was upset my levels didn't fall faster.  That paragraph made me feel better  :) 

New -- DGP antibody array, rather than the commonly used DGP antibody titer may be helpful to those with Non-Responsive Celiac Disease that completely adhere to the gluten-free diet :)

http://celiac.org/blog/2014/03/10/antibody-linked-to-celiac-disease-that-does-not-respond-to-gluten-free-diet/

Since I was being so strict with the diet, and not eating out hardly at all until recently, I was upset my levels didn't fall faster.  That paragraph made me feel better  :) 

Which makes me glad I posted it :D

I'm just thankful more tests are being developed...I certainly could have used this one three or four years ago.  Also encouraged by the three day challenge blood test on the horizon :)