Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

JoJo2310

Dh Or Pompholyx/dyshidrotic Eczema

Rate this topic

I went off gluten last year for 4 months & felt loads better.  I then started to eat it again to see if I would start to feel ill again & because I wanted to get tested for Celiac (unfortunately its taking a lot longer than I thought to get the doctor to agree to testing - Im waiting for a date for the biopsy at the moment!).

Anyway when I started to eat gluten again I started with a really itchy rash on my fingers - I can have tiny flat blisters with clear fluid in them & raised larger blisters with cloudy/yellow gunk in there.  Its also that itchy it can look very red & bleed & becomes very painful.  I can also get large flakes of dry skin.  It has been up & donw since september until I decided to try being lactofree.  The itchiness & rashes have spread loads since being lactofree & Ive noticed its now starting on my other hand.

When I read descriptions on the internet it sounds like dh & pompholyx but when I look at photos it does look more like pompholyx.

Does anyone know if pompholyx is related to celiac/gluten intolerance??  Should I mention it to my doctor to see if I can be tested for dh?

I would really like to bandage it up so I hopefully cant itch it too much & in the hope the skin wont become broken & get so sore but then I also need it to look at its worse for when I see my doctor!!!!  If my left hand gets as bad as my right one then I think some days Im going to struggle to write or do my job it can get that bad :(

I went off gluten last year for 4 months & felt loads better.  I then started to eat it again to see if I would start to feel ill again & because I wanted to get tested for Celiac (unfortunately its taking a lot longer than I thought to get the doctor to agree to testing - Im waiting for a date for the biopsy at the moment!).

Anyway when I started to eat gluten again I started with a really itchy rash on my fingers - I can have tiny flat blisters with clear fluid in them & raised larger blisters with cloudy/yellow gunk in there.  Its also that itchy it can look very red & bleed & becomes very painful.  I can also get large flakes of dry skin.  It has been up & donw since september until I decided to try being lactofree.  The itchiness & rashes have spread loads since being lactofree & Ive noticed its now starting on my other hand.

When I read descriptions on the internet it sounds like dh & pompholyx but when I look at photos it does look more like pompholyx.

Does anyone know if pompholyx is related to celiac/gluten intolerance??  Should I mention it to my doctor to see if I can be tested for dh?

I would really like to bandage it up so I hopefully cant itch it too much & in the hope the skin wont become broken & get so sore but then I also need it to look at its worse for when I see my doctor!!!!  If my left hand gets as bad as my right one then I think some days Im going to struggle to write or do my job it can get that bad :(

Hey did you ever figure out your rash? I had something similar in the past and have now been off gluten for a little over a year - just got CC'd and I've been reacting lots the past few days and the itchy rash has reappeared.