Rate this topic

Ok while I have only been gluten-free for  three weeks,  my moods have been very calm,but today has been different. Oddly seem to be a bit shorter tempered than normal, I have went over everything I have eaten past few days (food journaling) and can attest that everything in my kitchen is indeed gluten free. I know I am still going thru a withdrawl period but holy crap. Did anyone else here during their initial first few weeks have the bizare mood swings? I'd say it would be my time of the month(sorry if TMI) but that would be a bit impossible seeing I had a hysterectomy back in  2011. Does anyone know outside of deep breaths, mediation and such to help stop the cranky mood swings I am experiencing today? The news is not totaly bad, I recently have found I am starting to work on things I have needed to do like get my MCSE, and working on learning to code again.

If they left the ovaries - it could be hormonal. If you are taking any hormone replacement, the healing intestines might be taking in more than you need, now.

Getting a diagnosis of a disease that, while its treatable, is life long,  can be very emotionally draining.  You can be going along fine, and suddenly, BAM!  It kind of reaches the breaking point.

bomb.gif

Everyone, Celiac or not, has grumpy days.  It may be the weather, it may be you didn't get enough vitamin XYZ, it might be you didn't sleep as well as usual, too  much caffeine, too little caffeine, too much sugar, too little sugar,  it could be you have been possessed by demons.  Who knows?

devil-man-rage-attack-smiley-emoticon.gi

And a little dancing poop - just to make you laugh:

dancing-poop.gif

Unless you hate emoticons.... then I just made you more grumpy..   :unsure:

Edited by kareng

Thank you for the insight. I still have my overies as I had expressed my concerns for not wanting to go on hormone therapy after expressing those concerns to my obgyn. Who agreed since my overies was perfectly healthy.  Actually there was some recent changes going on  non health related but enviormental, that may kinda led into it.  I may have been reacting to others  emotions more than my own, sometimes I do tend to do that. I just felt it was more of a me thing.

If they left the ovaries - it could be hormonal. If you are taking any hormone replacement, the healing intestines might be taking in more than you need, now.

Getting a diagnosis of a disease that, while its treatable, is life long,  can be very emotionally draining.  You can be going along fine, and suddenly, BAM!  It kind of reaches the breaking point.

bomb.gif

Everyone, Celiac or not, has grumpy days.  It may be the weather, it may be you didn't get enough vitamin XYZ, it might be you didn't sleep as well as usual, too  much caffeine, too little caffeine, too much sugar, too little sugar,  it could be you have been possessed by demons.  Who knows?

devil-man-rage-attack-smiley-emoticon.gi

yup, ovaries in all likely hood ="period" like hormone alterations....unless you have aged out after the fact, you are one of the sub group that losing your uterus has put you into menopause...don't know a lot about that, but have heard of it.