mjcoelnc

Could I Have Celiac Disease?

Rate this topic

Hi, I have't been tested yet but my older and younger brothers both have Celiacs Disease.

Normally I eat alot of skinless chicken and Tilaptia fish. Well about a month ago I had Digournos 5 cheese pizza and had 3 slices. 2 hours after eating it I started to feel sick to my stomach. Then the gurgling started. I went to the bathroom and I started with fire hose diarrhea. Then I started vomiting. This all lasted for 3 hours. Next day I was fine cause I ate fish again. 2 weeks ago i had elbow noodles with sauce and the same thing happened. Well last night I had white rice and a box of sweet and our chicken that I have had severl times over the last 3 years. I was sick again. Only this time the vomiting was worse and i had chills and a slight fever of 99.9 afterward. I was fine by morning. I have constipation a lot and after i go I have cramping.

I also have Fibromyalgia, Ostopeenia in back and Oteoporosis in hips, Hashimoto/hypothyroidism, high blood pressure,joint pain, eye floaters and cateracts in both eyes.

How often are you getting the blood tests for Celiac? If you have a " first- degree" relative, you should be tested every few years. And if you aren't following that recommendation - you would want to get tested when you have some symptoms .

You have symptoms & related conditions, so I would say you need to get tested.

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/archives/faq/what-is-a-gluten-challenge

"A gluten challenge is the period of time when gluten is added back into a person’s diet to assist in the diagnosis of celiac disease. Antibodies take time to build into the blood stream before they can be detected through blood analysis. For a gluten challenge we recommend eating 1/2 slice of bread or a cracker each day for the duration of the challenge.

Prior to blood testing we recommend 12 weeks of eating gluten.

Prior to an endoscopic biopsy we recommend 2 weeks of eating gluten.

In the case of a severe reaction to gluten, a medical professional may opt to shorten the 12-week challenge and move immediately to an endoscopic biopsy."

And some info for your doc

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/medical-professionals/screening

So today I had a cup of tea and a half slice of bread.. Now 2 hours later,I have a headache, i feel like throwing up but haven't thrown up yet. I have been having lots of gas, burping and passing gas. I feel totally wiped out. I noticed a have a sore in the bck of my mouth today.

Even if it makes me vomit  horribly and have horrible fire hoe diarrhea and made me lose 10 pound in  month?

Not everyone can make it through the gluten challenge.  Worn your doctor that it could be an impossibility for you, and perhaps he can get you in soon for a biopsy (requires only 2-4 weeks of 1-2 slices of bread per day or equivalent).  He might advise against all testing if it is that bad.

You can TRY to test on what you are eating now much chances are that it would be negative. Some people have higher levels of auto-antibodies that don't correlate to gluten consumption. After a long time gluten-free, most celiacs will have negative tests though.