This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dh Possible Outbreak Locations, Please Share. Thank You!

Amrita

Amrita Newbie

Is it possible to get outbreaks of DH in areas that are not Knees, Elbows, Back, Shoulder Blades?

Hello,

If you have been tested positively for DH can you please share with me about the locations of the outbreaks on your body? 

My dermatologist insists that my itchy, recurring rash is not DH, but maybe a contact Dermatitis that my non-existent cat gave me, or from poison oak despite that I am no wilderness girl these days...I have been told by a gastroenterologist that I most likely have Celiac as I have been dealing with all the things....all the symptoms and I have never had a biopsy. 

I have this "OMFG WT!!!! AHHHHH" rash all over the backs of my legs, shins, and a couple spots on my arms right now, I swear, I can't believe how intensely the itching is, my goodness!!!

If you can share the locations of your breakouts with me, it will help to inform and answer the question:

Is it possible to get outbreaks of DH in areas that are not Knees, Elbows, Back, Shoulder Blades?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

I have never had a DH rash (or recognized one at least), but someone I know gets it all over her arms and her abdominal region.

Amrita Newbie

I have never had a DH rash (or recognized one at least), but someone I know gets it all over her arms and her abdominal region.

Hi Georgia_guy, thank you for your reply. This is really helpful to know. I have it on my abdominal also. Thank you for sharing. This forum helps to not feel alone. :)

BlessedMommy Rising Star

I had to laugh at your comment about your non-existent cat. LOL! :)

Does your doctor really think that you'd get a rash from a cat if you didn't have one?

GF Lover Rising Star

There are other locations it can effect, yes.  Scalp is a common one.  If you have time, look through the DH sections and especially posts by Squirming Itch.  I know some DH sufferers have to avoid iodine for a time to get fully cleared.  

Colleen

mendylou Rookie

I am self diagnosed DH. The only 2 places I have NOT had a breakout are the palms of my hand and the soles of my feet. I tend to break out the worst in the same areas.  My worst areas are the underside of my lower arms and the backside of my upper legs.  I do get scattered break outs in other places, but the ones I mentioned are the worst.

squirmingitch Veteran

You can get dh ANYWHERE on your body!!!!!!! The only places I have not had it are my lips. I have even had some (only a few thank goodness) on the bottom of my feet. 

Have a look:

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived