Rate this topic

I accidentally gluttened myself last friday.  I have been gluten free for about 1 month due to gluten sensitivity and was at an expo on friday.  They had sandwiches, cookies, chips.  I was so sidetracked trying not to order bread that I somehow ordered macaroni salad and ate it, without even thinking anything of it!  I was even being super careful with any candy they offered for free and checked those for gluten!  

I feel so stupid that I actually ate a little container of macaroni salad...the next day I had a massive migraine and was incredibly tired.  I didn't even realize until Sunday that I actually ingested a container of gluten. Ever since friday I have been headachey, bloated feeling, barely any bm's and fatigued.  

How long will this go on for? Is it even the gluten or could it be something else? Could ingesting gluten cause sudden weight gain? I had lost 5 lbs and went back up over the weekend when I ate much less food than normal.

Please help

It varies greatly from person to person. For many people 2-3 days is the norm, but it could be longer. Here are some links with more info:

https://www.celiac.com/articles/21721/1/How-Celiacs-can-Deal-with-Accidental-Gluten-Ingestion/Page1.html

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/98923-dealing-with-accidental-gluten-ingestion/

Even after 10 years I messed up last week and ate something that  glutened me. Still not sure what it was.  It takes time and like Scott mentioned it can take a few days to get over it. It gets easier as time goes on and you'll find meals and places to go where you feel good and dont worry as much. Its not so much the weight  gain and it will pass but   bloating.  -- hope you feel better soon

I accidentally gluttened myself last friday.  I have been gluten free for about 1 month due to gluten sensitivity and was at an expo on friday.  They had sandwiches, cookies, chips.  I was so sidetracked trying not to order bread that I somehow ordered macaroni salad and ate it, without even thinking anything of it!  I was even being super careful with any candy they offered for free and checked those for gluten!  

I feel so stupid that I actually ate a little container of macaroni salad...the next day I had a massive migraine and was incredibly tired.  I didn't even realize until Sunday that I actually ingested a container of gluten. Ever since friday I have been headachey, bloated feeling, barely any bm's and fatigued.  

How long will this go on for? Is it even the gluten or could it be something else? Could ingesting gluten cause sudden weight gain? I had lost 5 lbs and went back up over the weekend when I ate much less food than normal.

Please help