Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

d33dee1988

Lemon Poppy Pound Cake

Hi All,

Just FYI - there is a recipe for pound cake on the back of the Bob Red Mill's Sweet Rice Flour bags. I made it yesterday and it is super, duper good. Granted, I subbed brown rice flour for Sorghum flour and I subbed tapioca starch for corn starch. I don't know if using the original ingredients would make a difference, but it came out beautifully anyhow. i added lemon zest and two tablespoons of poppyseeds to the batter.

Pound Cake

Directions

Beat the butter until creamy and smooth. Add the sugar and beat into the butter until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one. Add the vanilla and blend until completely incorporated.

In a separate bowl, combine the flours, cornstarch, xanthan gum and baking powder and blend together with a whisk. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and blend until fully mixed. Spread into a greased 9-inch bread pan. Bake for 60 minutes at 350°F. Cool for about 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely.   Makes 30 servings.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Glad you had success! It should freeze well if packed correctly.

You bring the cake and I'll make a pot of tea. We can relax on my front porch (it is still sunny and warm here!)

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Glad you had success! It should freeze well if packed correctly.

You bring the cake and I'll make a pot of tea. We can relax on my front porch (it is still sunny and warm here!)

haha. this would go perfect with tea! We didn't get a chance to freeze it. Ate it too fast!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter