Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThisIsMyUserName

Glutening Onset Time

What's the range for symptoms to appear after a glutening? I've had cases where I feel awful right away, and others where it's not until the next day. Does it go beyond that? This is important, because I've had a case or two where I can't pinpoint the glutening source, so either I'm not looking back far enough, it's something I am unaware of (unlikely, since I've become uber-careful), or I have reactions to something else. It's important for me to figure this whole thing out.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think it's different for everybody and different in each individual depending on the amount and type (barley or wheat) of gluten. It could well be another intolerance, in which case you will need to do an elimination diet. Or it could just be that you're not healed yet and something perfectly innocent set you off.

It really stinks, I know.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

As a general rule, symptoms set in within 30 minutes or up to 72 hours later.  Symptoms can last a couple of days or a few weeks.

Last time I was glutened was Xmas Eve, and I knew I was hit before I left the table.  It took 2 or 3 weeks to feel totally well again, but some of those symptoms may just have been mixed up with Christmas fatigue and stress.  LOL

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter