Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Hellbender

Gluten Testing Services?

Rate this topic

I can't seem to find a multivitamin that doesn't test positive for gluten with my EZ gluten test kit. The latest multivitamin that I tested is Country Life Core Daily-1 for Men. The product claims to be certified gluten free.

I'm starting to question my gluten test kit. Does anyone know of a resonably priced test service that I can send a sample to for testing?

Thanks,

Dan

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I know Universities that have Food Science schools test.  But it isn't cheap.

I don't know anything about the particular tests you are using.  I know some of them have don't work for certain foods and the food to be tested must be prepared correctly.

Join eNewsletter

Hey Dan,

I replied to your other topic as well and gave a suggestion for a multi that works well for me!

I am extremely sensitive to gluten and react to lots that doesn't seem to bother other celiacs. For example a a restaurant in Vancouver that caters to lots of celiacs made me really sick. They say served tons of celiacs without issue (including their own chef!) but when they checked into their raw ingredients they realized the walnuts for the salad I shared with my boyfriend were "made on shared equipment with products containing wheat". I only ate like 4 walnuts and apparently other celiacs ate lots without issue.

Anyway, I wouldn't doubt your strips. I think a lot of supplement companies label "gluten free" but may use shared equipment or not consider their raw ingredients. 

Here's the link for the vitamin company that's never made me sick:

http://www.amazon.com/MegaFood-Mens-Daily-Tablets-Count/dp/B00014G874

Join eNewsletter