Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Lisa Purcell

Hla-Dq2 & Hla-Dq8 Blood Tests Positive For Celiac Is This Definative?

Rate this topic

You have celiac. You have the diagnoses of two very good doctors. You don't need any more proof. If you can learn to accept that, everyone else can learn to too. Now you need to read and re-read the Newbie 101 thread and get good at the diet so no more accidents happen.

And pretty soon you will start feeling much better. :)

I agree with Bartful. Don't even bother to explain all the dx's & mis dx's to people -- just tell them you have been dx'd celiac by 2 separate doctors & that's the end of that. 

Now on to a new life for you & it will be much improved. It does take time to heal so be patient.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

This is good advice. Some restaurants offer gluten-free menus or mark items with “GF” on their regular menu, and I try to eat at such places. I still talk to the manager when I order to be sure. 
    I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...