Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadDecor

CHOCOLATE MINT COOKIES

I did a search first to see if anyone had tried the gluten-free Goodie Girl, Mint Slims (chocolate-dipped mint cookies), and didn't see anything.  If you loved Girl Scout's, Thin Mint cookies - I highly recommend the Goodie Girl cookies as a gluten-free alternative (w/ a glass of milk of course).  Found them at Wal-Mart in the gluten-free section.  I did contact the company today to see if they are made in a dedicated facility; will leave a response when I have an answer.  FAST RESPONSE:  We are not a totally gluten-free facility, but we are certified and very serious about keeping our line gluten free.  We have never had an issue and our products test below 5%. 

I also like Pillsbury gluten-free flour for under $3.00/lb. sold in 2 lb. bags.  And thanks to Celiac.com have discovered Progresso gluten-free soup, as well as Nature Valley gluten-free bars (both w/ several choices).  And good news for the holidays, through "price matching" at Wal-Mart; purchased a gluten-free Butterball turkey for Thanksgiving at 99 cents/pound.

untitled.png

pillsbury.png

progress.png

nature valley.png

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I found those cookies a week ago and am happy to report that my husband and I demolished a boxful over a week's time and I felt great.....NO PROBLEMS!  They are a little sweet but I am not used to eating boxed cookies.  They are delicious and taste like the Girl Scout ones. We have our Thin Mints back, people.........:D

Update on Pillsbury gluten-free flour.  It seems every time I use it, a typical Celiac reaction ensues.  I like the price, but for some reason I personally can't tolerate it.  Others may react to it differently.