Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

ycavaz

Celiac or not?

Rate this topic

In 09 I did the stool test from Entero Labs which came back positive so I've been gluten free ever since. I've never had a celiac diagnosis so for a long time I would tell people I'm  "gluten sensitive". As the years have gone by I feel that my reactions to gluten have gotten worse. I can no longer bake gluten items for my children and I rarely eat out as I almost always get glutened nor can I kiss my husband if he's had beer. etc, etc.

People have always asked me how gluten makes me feel and I tell them it makes me "high" (along with the gastrointestinal problems) like the one time my husband and I painted a windowless bathroom with high gloss paint. So imagine my joy when I came across the terms "gluten ataxia" and realized this is what I've been describing the whole time.

For awhile I had hope that this gluten problem would go away or at least get better but it's not. I think I've been in denial and have realized that I most likely have celiac disease and need to tell people that when necessary, which makes me sad :(

Is it wrong to say that even if I don't have a formal diagnosis? It would make it easier on me...

P.S.  I posted on this forum in 09 when I was getting tested.

Yvette

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You can say something along the lines of, "Ever since I was diagnosed with celiac disease, I have not been able to eat gluten." You don't have to mention that YOU diagnosed yourself with celiac.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter