Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Brianjamesh

Brian

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hang in there Brian!  You are normal, at least for someone who has celiac disease.  If things become really difficult, I would suggest talking to your doctor.  We can have other issues that are not related to celiac disease (virus, depression, hormone issues, etc,.).  Let's face it.  Having celiac disease is hard.  It can be overwhelming.   I am sick of cooking three meals a day, hosting every family party gluten-free, reading every label....but it is easier as time goes by.  celiac disease is the only disease that a doctor diagnoses and then tells you to treat yourself (gluten-free diet).  Imagine doing that for someone with MS or cancer?  It is socially difficult since our society revolves around food.  

Did i depress you more?  Nah, this forum lets me vent, helps me solve problems and I have "met" some really nice people here who understand me.  So, welcome!  

I have crazy mood swings but most are now due to menopausal issues (throw in some Holiday Stress for me these last two weeks) and not celiac disease since I have been gluten free for over two years.  Getting glutened just compounds other issues.   Make sure you are not getting any hidden gluten.  Me?  Back on some estrogen and it is helping!  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

i had a rough first year (at least) navigating the diet.  i thought i could 'just order off the gluten free menu', basically.  that it wasn't 'that difficult, no problem.....'  so, i got cross contaminated quite a bit in the beginning.  when i finally managed to start cutting ALL gluten out i sure noticed when i got accidentally glutened (as did everyone around me) because i turned into a jerk.  i could hear myself in my head,  thinking:  man.  what a jerk!  but, it was a result from getting hit by the gluten monster.  this may be what is happening to you?  have you read the 'newbie 101' locked thread on the coping page?  it offers many helpful suggestions on how to keep yourself and your food safe and alot of things normal people don't have to worry about (but we do)   welcome to the forum :) 

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter