Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

goldenweave

Husband and daughter with possible Celiac

Rate this topic

The past 8 months have been very difficult. My husband was in the hospital for what they thought was Chrons but we now believe he has Celiac.  We are awaiting the tests. After reading glasses about Celiac I will also demand our daughter be tested as she has the symptoms as well. Lately my husband has been very irrational. He is angry all the time, doesn't sleep, argues with me and our daughter, and appears depressed. Can anyone give suggestions on how to cope with this until the testing is complete. I know they have to stay on gluten until it is complete. 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

How long before the testing is complete? My family has noticed how much more stable my moods have been since going gluten free- huge difference. I had so many anger issues the last year and that's completely gone. Maybe if your husband realizes celiac can do this- he will be less likely to take that anger out on you and your daughter. What about anxiety medication to help him get through this- it helped me. 

So sorry you, your husband and daughter are going through this right now. Can he not cut down some on gluten? hang in there! The end is in sight. 

Join eNewsletter