CanuckC

New Here

Rate this topic

Hi all

I'm new here and just wanted to pop in to say thank you for such a wonderful resource for the newly diagnosed celiac!

I was diagnosed a bit over a week ago and basically sent home to wait for a referral to dietician. I love my family doc but don't think he is up to snuff on this stuff. 

Anyways,  just wanted to say all the info here has helped me tremendously and I'm moving forward positively. This is my new reality so may as well make the most of it, right? 

I'm also blessed in that I was never a huge bread  or pasta eater,  so consider myself luckier than most. 

Love your attitude - it will really help you going forward (I was you three years ago...)

Don't be surprised as time goes on if you have a lull in your fortitude.  Every once in a while I see (or smell!) a food I really miss, or have an accidental glutening that sets me back, or someone that doesn't understand my issues and thinks I'm a faddist.  I've learned to let myself have a sulk and a pity party and then move on.  

Good luck!