Ennis_TX

Current Issues and New GI Doc

Rate this topic

So my primary physician has scheduled to see a new Gi Doctor for a scope to check on my bleeding and updates on intestinal health. They have me coming in for a evaluation, and talk this week, I am honestly worried this new doctor is going to dismiss my celiac and want to retest me. I have this overly defiant idea that if he tells me to do the gluten challenge I will order a monte cristo (bucket list food item) and eat it in his office and let me watch me for the next 8 hours laid out on his office floor vomiting and drifting int and out of it in pain.....Call me crazy but my reactions are so bad and my weight so low I fear it would kill me.   Anyway going in there to get a colonoscopy and a endoscopy later to look and try to find why I have random bloody stools and sometimes bloody globs of yellow mucus. Thinking this might also be connected to my night sweats and weight issues. Thoughts, ideas, and prayers welcome.

GI doctor was in doubt about my Celiac disease, he ordered a full celiac panel and scheduled a colonoscopy and endoscopy along with biopsy. I told him I have been gluten free for over 3 years and  not been major poisoned since June. They took the blood anyway sorta blowing this fact of the matter off and I told them I would probably test negative since I have not been eating it......Now I have a feeling they are going to try to discredit my previous diagnoses. Previous diagnosis was done between a doctor I had a while back and my dietician at the time. No one has any of the paperwork it seems anymore.

Sorry to hear that.  Lesson learned:  obtain and maintain copies of ALL of your medical records!  I started doing this back in 1996.  I even maintain a spreadsheet for my family as well.    Impresses any new doctor.  the family history chart helped my niece get her Crohn's diagnosis.  Her GI said he had never seen one so detailed.  

Well, you should get celiac antibody testing done annually anyway.  Hopefully, they'll find the source of your current issues.