Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Rate this topic

I am very embarrassed to discuss this But since diagnosis and diet changes l have had rotten gas and little or no bowel movements.  So I have been add fiber foods and it helps but does not eliminate and thought of eliminating any dairy of which I eat very little of.   This is a problem not sure if need to see doctor.  

Positive is that I no longer have any joint pain.  

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

in the beginning, between healing and diet change - gas happens.  It can take a few months, at least, to get it all balanced out 

Are you eating mostly whole unprocessed foods? If you are consuming processed gluten free baked goods check ingredients for stuff you might not have eaten before diagnosis. I didn't know my system didn't like lupine flour (for example) as nothing I ate prediagnosis had lupine flour. Also be wary of even certified gluten free oats. There are celiacs who don't tolerate them and it is advised that we wait until we are fully healed before adding them into our diet.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Hi Sharon,

You can try some Milk of Magnesia for C.  I suggest you do eliminate dairy for a couple months to see if it helps.  I assume you are newly gluten-free?  I think the best way to start the gluten-free diet is to eat mostly whole foods, like meats, eggs, veggies and nuts.  Try to avoid any processed gluten-free foods for a while, even gluten-free processed foods.  You can always add those to your diet after you have got past the initial healing months.

If your doctor tested you for nutrient deficiencies it can help to take supplements for anything you are low in.

Welcome to the forum Sharon! :)

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul