Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×

Rate this topic

since going gluten free 2 years ago, there are certain food, that dont have gluten in them, that will give me alot of stomach pains. like pineapple. certain meats. some fried foods. is there any feedback for me to try to follow? thankyou

Welcome!  Food intolerances are real.  Sometimes they resolve on the gluten-free diet and others do not.  I also can not tolerate pineapple.  My list includes Xanthan gum or anything related to the garlic family.   My intolerances to dairy, nuts, and eggs have resolved.  Is your gallbladder functioning?  A HIDA test can determine functionality.  

Other food intolerance are very common with this disease. It results from damage to your intestines, complications with your damaged and confused immune system, imblances in enzymes, etc. Some of these will go away after a few years others are permanent. I have many myself, finding certain ones caused by different things. I developed the following

Allergies:

Corn, Peanuts, Whey

Sensitivities/Intolerances:

Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Olives, Sesame, Soy, Yeast

Enzyme issues with digesting Meats, and Egg Yolks, I can eat small amounts of fish, lean longhorn, and crab with digestive enzymes, They due tend to just pass through me mostly undigested but do not make me sick.

Xantham Gum, it just floats and makes me throw up a few hours later if I eat something containing too much.

Caused by Ulcerative Colitis Flare Ups,

Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Bloating issues) Fructose, Glucose,

I did have a bunch of others thats have resolved over the years, I had issues with pea/pea protein, red 40, beets, bell peppers/paprika, and a few others. But these in even the smallest amounts used to have me in pain can now be eating in moderation with no Ill effects so there is some hope with it.