Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
marcelo

Is it possible to be gluten lactose and fructose intolerance

Rate this topic

I'v been gluten intolerant for 6 yrs but last week I was diagnosed with lactose and fructose intolerance.. it it possible to have all three I heard of having gluten and dairy but never all three... i was tested at the gi doctor. I am to go to a diatrition do they have to run the same tests even if I had them? 

Sure, you could have all three issues.  We have plenty of members who have exactly those intolerances.  I am assuming you have celiac disease.  Have your antibodies been re-checked several times over the last six years?    Your lactose and fructose intolerances might be due to active celiac disease (flare-up).   They could just be temporary.

In the meantime, a visit to a dietitian could be very beneficial.  

Edited by cyclinglady

0/  Yeah I have been lactose intolerant for over 10 years, celiac was dia. over 3 years ago, and I got Ulcerative Colitis Dia. this feb, well in my case the flare ups are caused by fructose, glucose and some carbs.  So yeah stuff can happen, I live a paleo/keto diet finally putting on weight again and healing.   BTW lactose intolerance and celiac go hand in hand as the enzyme to break down lactose is made by the tips of the villi which are destroyed and damaged first.